Kalen last won the day on October 9 2023

Kalen had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

905 profile views

Kalen's Achievements

Colony Founder

Colony Founder (11/15)

1. And is enjoying the hell out of it!
  2. Ironic, because a few minutes of research reading these message boards probably would've answered every question you had. But I suspect you weren't really looking for an answer, you just wanted to make a point. Well done.
  3. Yeah? Not sure how that is relevant to you thinking something was real when it wasn't. But carry on.
  4. Lol, except it wasn't real info.... and he told you that later in the post.
  5. I doubt the change was intended to be overcome with skill or luck. I would guess the change was intended to make you have to think about water. In the old system, you didn't have to think about it at all.... you passively solved your early game water issues with barely a thought. Now, its still not terribly difficult to solve your water issues, but you do have to think about it for a bit in the early game. If that was the intent of the change, then I'd say it was successful. I still have issues with the change from a realism perspective, which I've brought up in other threads, but overall, I'd say the change has improved the early game experience. In a survival game, you should have to think about food & water.
  6. Yeah, people get so fixated on the game being in alpha for so long.... but I've been playing this game for 8+ years and 6k+ hours and if the game hadn't been constantly changing, I would've been bored of it a long time ago. So the fact that its an alpha has extended my enjoyment of the game far beyond what I would normally get from a similarly priced game.. I hope it never goes gold!
  7. Yeah, this topic has been beat to death a number of times. If I recall, TFP's official stance was: Yes, stealth may need a bit of a bump.... but no, POIs aren't meant to be 100% stealth-able.
  8. Garbage post.... garbage replies. Go figure.
  9. They've certainly stole my money.... I've paid about $0.0025 per hour played. Crooks!
  10. Eh, I still standby what I said... what the developers intent was isn't as important as the players perception. That's still true. You saw it as a recipe, so that is still a valid way to look at it.
  11. But see, this is where thinking of magazines as skills actually make sense. You do need to become skilled at something, like cooking, in order to craft more complicated things, like cheesecake. You say you're already skilled enough to make cheesecake.... I'm curious what in the game represents that skill? As I mentioned before, what doesn't work, if you think of magazines solely as recipes, is the fact that you find recipes in the exact same order every playthrough. You find stone axe before iron pick before steel pick.... every single playthrough.
  12. An interesting thing to say.... this is one of the very large drawbacks of the magazine system. The only way to improve your ability to craft is to loot.
  13. Its all good, I very rarely play with mods. None of this is really a deal breaker for me, I still find the game playable and fun.... I just think its interesting to talk about ways it could be, IMO, better. I appreciate hearing the other side, even if I don't agree with it. That said, if anyone ever creates a mod that adds item degradation back in I'd be all over that.
  14. I hear you, but what they call it or what they intend isn't nearly as important as people's perception (at least in terms of people's reception of the feature). They can say that magazines only represent recipes, but when magazines directly control what QL you can craft things at (something that has always been determined by skill in previous alphas), magazine have functionally replaced skills. I honestly can't see how you could see it any other way.